“A Christmas Carol remains as fresh and relevant today as it was in 1843. It’s a heart-warming and hopeful tale about how generosity can triumph over inequality, and how everyone deserves a chance at redemption.” Deborah McAndrew.
This resource supports Hull Truck Theatre’s production of Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol, written by Deborah McAndrew. The activities are suitable for students in late Key Stage 2 and early Key Stage 3.
Exploring the play through a variety of reading, writing, drama and design tasks, the resource will help develop the following skills:
- Reading different types of texts for meaning
- Understanding, describing, selecting or retrieving information, events or ideas from texts
- Using quotation and reference to text
- Speaking, listening and drama skills
- Understanding different social, historical and cultural contexts
Download the resource here